Monday, March 21, 2022

Orchid show and a few purchases

I wanted to work on Sunday but instead got tempted to visit an orchid show in San Diego.  It was a last minute day trip which always turn out to be the best kind.  


There were so many stunning orchids at the exhibit, they just all look like they've been given the perfect amount of sunlight and never missed a single watering.  It was such an amazing display of knowledge, patience, discipline and loving care.  Looking at the thriving orchids gave me so much inspiration. 

There were many beautiful orchids but for some reason I'm particularly taken with this large cluster of blooms.  It's so stunning in person, but unfortunately they didn't have a seedling available for sale at the show.  Non the less it was a pleasure seeing it in person!

I didn't leave the show empty handed.  I purchased a phal Schilleriana, a unique purple cattleya orchid with spots and a green and pink orchid that reminds me of Kirmit the frog!  They are all very young seedling orchids but I'm looking forward to some pretty bloom soon.


 

I grabbed some delicious lobster roll at a restaurant nearby before heading back home.  It was such a delicious meal and a fun day trip!


After I came home my interest in orchids is renewed again.  I gave all my orchids a thorough watering and checked out the tags and took inventory of what I have.  I have quite a few of amazing orchids in my collection but they are very small so it will take some time for them to bloom, it gives me something to look forward to and it's such a healthy and rewarding hobby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...