Friday, March 18, 2022

Kelly's Recovery

It's hard to believe yesterday was the first day post surgery for Kelly.  She didn't eat very well and was crying a bit, I tried many different ways but I found using a dropper to give her water and puree some cooked chicken breast was a really good way to feed her food and get her hydrated.  


By the evening she's perked up quite a bit, the pain medication helped a lot and the wound seem to be healing.  I broke the no junk food rule and gave her a few small bites of all beef hot dog and she gladly gobbled them up, it was a bit salty so I only wanted to entice her to start eating, she finished the rest of the chicken puree which I added a little bit of butter to make it extra tasty and she finished all of it while the other dogs also got some tasting as well, they were starring hungrily at Kelly's special food and was very jealous!

In the evening I went to my acupuncturist again just to relax and destress, it was a good couple hours spent and I'm just felt so refreshed this morning after my treatment and a very restful sleep.  

This morning I got up early and cooked a whole chicken soup for Kelly and the pups to share, and also caught up some chores and started working while the chicken soup was simmering.  The chicken drumstick with some chicken broth is always Kelly's number one favorite and she ate two of these small servings which made me very happy.  

Overall this has been a eventful and productive week, it was hard but overall well worth the effort!



No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...