Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Another big surgery



I had been planning to have a mastcell tumor removed on Kelly for about two months.  It was a little bump that showed up several years ago and increased to about 3/4 of an inch over the last several years.  Two different vets had done a fine needle aspirate and told me that it should come out.  Still it was not easy as she's getting older and has a low level heart murmur.  It took some time to run all the necessary tests and get the surgery scheduled, but also I was a nervous wreck anticipating the surgery.  

Yesterday I had to drop her off at the vet early in the morning around 7:30am.  The vet tech that took Kelly in was very knowledgable and made me feel fairly good, I had seen the vet that was performing the surgery three times prior and communicated everything in advance.  Having done all my homework I felt somewhat prepared although it was still very scary for me.  Luckily Kelly was scheduled to be the first one for the surgery and she got hers done in the morning.  It was a relief to simply get it over with. 

I got her back fairly quick around 2pm along with her medication.  I can't describe how happy I was to pick her up and know that the surgery was all over.  It was just one of those days where everyone was calling me non stop at work and a client called super late in the evening with some petty problems that kept me on the phone for an hour while I accidentally burned Kelly's chicken.  I wasn't super happy about it but I remade her some chicken legs and she ate and drank quite a bit of water and went potty.  Besides an insane week I got up around 4am again to make her some food so she could take some pain medication as she wasn't very comfortable and I took her out to potty again.  By this morning she seemed to have perked up quite a bit.  My cleaning lady came by to help me with house work that has been piling up around the house and I'm just so thankful for that. 

She perked up quite a bit today and I took her to the office with me so I could keep an eye on her and give her medications.  Luckily I have a small private office so I could close the door and she just hang out with me while I worked.  We also took a nap on my sofa because I was completely exhausted from the hectic past week.  All in all we did it and although it was hard, I was really happy that we got it done!



No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...