Sunday, March 13, 2022

More home improvement plans..

 

After a disastrous start on my first home improvement project several months back, I had not had the energy to start another project as I just felt so defeated dealing with the awful contractors.  Coupled with work being super busy, I sort of dropped whatever plans I had in mind for the house.  Several small projects got started but then stalled, including getting the living room painted and downstair bedroom re-decorated.  I've been living with paint patches on the wall for months but it was hard to get interested on the house. 

This weekend I had another handyman changed out the kitchen faucet and the toilet in the second floor bathroom, he went to the store to pick up the materials and everything went so smoothly.  A couple hours later him and his helper got the job done, it was so easy I almost cried.  He helped me with the measurements on my second floor bathroom so that I know exactly how much material to buy.  Since it's the first free day I had in a while I decided to check out some bathroom tiles at the store and brought home some samples.  It got me thinking that perhaps I want to pick up where I left off and make some effort to at least make my house look nice by the summer.

I found some light fixtures from Pottery Barn that I liked and I think it should fit well in my tiny attic bathroom.  I've been following home decor trends and it seems that a lot of the trends today don't fit with my personal style.  My goal is to not follow trends but make my home a place unique to me!




No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...