Sunday, September 13, 2020

A fun weekend of doing whatever I want

 


I've been looking at some furniture ideas because honestly, my taste has changed so much but I'm still stuck with my antique vintage style at home.  It's not so easy to change the whole house furniture but I'm looking around to see what can be updated because there sure are some amazingly stylish pieces out there.


My new friend and I had some fun girl time getting our nails done and did a bit of shopping and dining out together.  I've had the hardest time finding a good nail salon since forever so she took me to her regular spot, the handsome young manicurists did an amazing job and it was such a nice change from my usual grumpy nail lady that are always so rough with my nails.  It's nice to have girlfriends that can share a few beauty tips with me or go to fun places together.


I drove out to Dana Point to see a few shops and walk around a bit.  Unfortunately a couple of stores I loved had gone out of business but most places opened back up.  It's one of my favorite places to get some coffee and just sit and watch the harbor.  I also tried to catch a whale watching ride but neglected to book appointment ahead of time.  It will have to wait for another time!


Weekend is always the time for me to get the house in order, my cleaning lady stopped in to help me tidy up the house and I took the chance to ask her to take away a lot of things I decluttered out of the house.  For some reason whenever I declutter my home it always feels so amazing.  

For the evening I had a small bowl of delicious and warming bone broth soup and then gave myself a mini spa treatment at home complete with a bath and facial.  Since I've been so obsessed with Bony Levy jewelry, I picked out a couple tiny pairs of gold hoop earrings to wear for the coming week.  That completes a relaxing and fun filled weekend and I'm so ready for the new week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...