Sunday, September 20, 2020

Downtime


I had so much work planned for the weekend but it seems that I had worked myself ragged during the week, by the time weekend rolled around I pretty much went out of commission.  I couldn't do anything Saturday except rest and Sunday barely feeling like a functioning human again so I took this time to do some self care and ate lots of comfort food.  Sometimes it's ok to spend sometime on yourself and not having to worry about adult responsibilities!

With my new interest in poetry I've been enjoying leafing through a few pages from time to time and just enjoy the flavor and rhythm the words provide.  I've been trying to improve my quality of life and part of it means reading more books and listening to more music... living well means different things to different people, for me it's getting in touch with the things that I love to do.


I caught up on a week's worth of laundry on Sunday and changed out a fresh set of bed linen and tidied up around the house.  I stopped by HomeGoods because I desperately needed a few things in the house.  One of the things that I had to buy was a new dog bed as the old ones were worn out again and I want the puppies to sleep well at night.  I also bought two pretty pink candles, a small set of olive wood salad serving set and a very pretty bottle of hand soap.  The salad server makes me want to entertain and invite a couple guests over and have a intimate dinner but I've no idea why this is such a task for me, my friends entertain at their homes every week and it's a piece of cake for them!


In the evening I was well enough to take my puppies for a walk, and felt like the energy is slowly coming back to me.  I loathe being sick and as soon as I'm able I want to be up and doing things.  I made small bowl of bone broth soup for dinner with baby spinach, goji berries, an avocado and a squeeze of lemon.  I've really taken a liking to bone broth as a substitute for heavy dinner, it's comforting, delicious and hopefully good for me too!

I also really begin to love a good evening routine.  Recently my favorite thing has been taking a warm bath and doing a face mask or hair mask in the evening.  It really helps me to relax and get a good night of sleep.  My life is so simple at the moment and I like it.  It's either about working and trying to pay the bills or just taking care of myself so I have enough energy to work.  It's not super super exciting but with my seemingly limited survival abilities I'm happy to settle for a boring life style.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...