Monday, January 25, 2021

The Struggle is Real


We got through a cold and rainy weekend cozied up at home with some warm food and puppy snuggles. I've also slowly started working out on the living room floor again, after a whole week of struggle I'm finally able to follow through a 12 minute workout without taking a break.  

The prolonged isolations of quarantine is really weighting me down lately, so I invited my friend over for some dinner and wine again, it's so rare to be able to have dinner with anyone these days now due to extra precautions so when I finally get to have dinner with someone I appreciate it so much more.


I still managed to walk everyone before the rain hit, so the puppies got extra quiet during the rain and mostly napped throughout.  I was wondering why the house was so quiet and then found dogs hiding everywhere snuggled up in different rooms.  I have so much gratitude for my little pets because they made my home feel like a real loving place and always filled the house with so much joy.  Particular this weekend I REALLY felt thankful for having a working furnace even though a few months earlier it was so hard to come up with the money to get it replaced.  There's nothing that compared to the peace of mind I had knowing we won't be freezing to death during the dead of winter this year... again. 


I've been thinking a lot about the adversity we are facing since the pandemic started and how things can be so tough on some days.  Besides good friends that helped me through the tough times, it's good to acknowledge the difficulties that we encounter in life and call it for what it is.  I have to remind myself to persevere through hardship and face life with a bit of courage because I have the tendency to curl up in a ball and only wanting to always hide from the outside world when things get tough.  Over the weekend I tried to refocus on health and fitness, taking care of my pets and reconnecting with my friends, but also worked on not beating myself up for falling behind on my work schedule.  It's ok to not be so hard on yourself sometimes as long as I can re-focus and continue to do my best!  





No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...