Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Small steps and enjoying the process

I found this photo of myself couple years ago.  Before I got sick last year I had pretty decent hair, but I've had to chop off much of it hoping that healthy hair would grow.  


So far this year I haven't been able to grow my hair the way it used to be and the struggle is pretty real.  My goal right now is to focus on my health and be able to feel like myself again.  Personally, I believe being happy is the best medicine, nothing beats being in a good mood, so I do my best to always keep a positive attitude, but other than that, I'm putting in a lot of effort to work on myself everyday. 


The thing about making positive changes is that, it may be difficult at the beginning, but once I get things going, it becomes very rewarding to improve myself.  Small efforts add up over time, things like getting a fresh juice whenever I have a few minutes to stop by a juice bar, it may not be everyday, but let's say getting a fresh carrot juice 3 times a week still add up to a healthy dose of fresh vitamins!


About once a month I also book an acupuncture treatment at my local clinic and I usually like to get cupping as well.  I always feel so relaxed after my treatment and good sleep is guaranteed!


There are a few things I don't do before and after my acupuncture session, I avoid heavy massage,  drinking alcohol, and I also avoid showering right after acupuncture.  Usually I book my session close to evening time so I could just go home and rest after treatment.  I do like to make a delicious veggie mushroom soup as a light dinner after my treatment.  A simple recipe is making a soup stock using Dashi packet (can be purchased from Amazon) and throw in daikon radish, various kind of mushrooms, and add in a bit of tomato and tofu and viola, a delicious and healthy vegetarian soup for a calming and filling dinner.

This past few weeks, I try to make a least one or two meals at home.  Sometimes it's hard to cut out dining out entirely because I do love having dinner with friends, but just by spending a bit of effort preparing breakfast and lunch is already giving me more energy!  I'm enjoying the moment and learning new things and trying simple recipes, and excited whenever I see small positive changes in my health! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...