At the beginning of quarantine, I decided that since I would be spending more time at home and my gym is closed, a bit of gardening would be good for my soul. I bought some seeds and small plants to plant in my vegetable garden. After several weeks of heavy rain, my plants are actually coming along quite nicely. The two strawberry plants are doing well, I got my second strawberry and they are quite delicious and very small, not at all like the giants we get at the grocery store, which I actually like.
I have several cherry tomato plants that are getting pretty big, soon I will need to put some stakes to help the plants to lean on, I will have to check in the garden shed to see if I still have some from previous years!
I also bought some ginger from the grocery store and ended up having too much and they were getting dried up, so I took them out of the fridge and soaked them up a little bit in water hoping that will revive them. I planted several pieces of ginger in my garden and fingers crossed that by fall I will have plenty of fresh ginger to eat.
At dollar tree they sell these handy little gardening tags for $1 and it's helping me to remember where I planted what. It would be so exciting to get some fresh off the ground ginger this year!
I bought quite a few packages of seeds, but this one somehow fell and got stuck in between the raised bed and the wire fence. I just noticed it today and much to my surprised, when I opened the package, the seeds have sprouted already due to the heavy rain, amazing!
I gently dropped these in the ground and covered them with a very light layer of soil. Hopefully they will thrive. I am such a clumsy gardener, and I don't really have any idea about spacing and proper garden planing, but I suppose I can learn as I go. These ordinary looking little sprouts are actually salad mix green! I will be so excited eat from my own garden again!
And to further proof that I am super clumsy. These are actually collard green seeds that I spilled while trying to plant them in tiny little containers. They are actually growing out of the ground. I'm going to wait and see if they get any bigger and possibly move them to bigger spaces!
No comments:
Post a Comment