Having solved a major obstacle at work which required me getting out of my comfort zone and come up with creative solutions, I finally felt a sense of relief. With no pressing issues on my mind I got in a very good mood to do more cooking. It seems that my cooking skill has markedly improved since the lockdown, however my dish washing skills have not. Very soon I will need my cleaning lady to come and rescue me from my own demise, what a glorious day that would be! I really can't wait!
I have had this cook book on my bookshelf for many years because eggs are such a favorite food of mine and I always wanted to explore some recipes when I had the time... well now I have the time! I have been leafing through it to get inspiration and ideas. With a little bit of effort, egg dishes made at home could easily surpass anything you find at a restaurant... or at least I would like to believe that!
My latest experiment include soft scrambled eggs with minced garlic and truffle seasoning and a tiny bit of cheese shaving. The taste was absolutely divine. My waist line is not thanking me these days but my stomach is!
Having revived my interest in Chinese cooking, I even ordered a Chinese wok... now I'm really getting ambitious. It was finally delivered after nearly a month wait and I immediately started seasoning it. I have some plans to make real traditional northern Chinese food, but I will probably do some small practice on easier dishes first.
I cooked a mish mesh of long beans, okra, a bit of left over pork belly which I made previously and firm tofu in a bit of sauce from the pork belly dish. The result was quite good.
The way to serve is simply over a bed of rice. I am always delighted when the food I make turn out to be edible! By now I am confident that when the quarantine is over I shall be a very good chef!

No comments:
Post a Comment