Thursday, December 16, 2021

New flowers and life's messes

With my recent orchid fever, I ventured out of my comfort zone and made an online orchid purchase.  Today a couple of baby orchids arrived in a cardboard box delicately packaged and they are in perfect condition.  I've never ordered orchids online before so this was quite a novel experience.  After trying to resuscitate a few orchids in bad shape myself, I've really come to appreciate the amount of work it takes for orchids to even grow to a baby size.  The vanda orchid will have delicate blooms like cherry blossoms, and the cattleya orchid will have tall branches and flower shape similar to the one I'm trying to revive.  Flowers and plants are such a delightful thing amid a couple of really crappy years, I really appreciate the joy and inspiration that they provide me.  

Bella is not all too amused about my orchid hobby, she feels that I should spend more time giving her kisses and treats and less time messing with plants.  

In life's update, this week I scheduled my vaccine shot because I finally felt like I was well enough to deal with whatever side effect that might come my way.  I ended up not only feeling the side effects of the vaccine but also slammed with a massive tooth ache from a cavity that gave me a terrible migraine.  It took me a couple of days to figure out that I could request an emergency dental visit with the receptionist at my dental office so I waited a couple of days in excruciating pain for pretty much nothing.  And while I was at it, I had to deal with some emergency plumbing issues at the house, courtesy of the shitty contractor that messed up the plumbing while he was at it.  I panicked and almost called an overnight emergency plumbing service but decided to wait til the morning because my regular plumber could make it first thing in the am.  So, all in all, a week packed with vaccine shot, dentist visit, eye exam, plumbing repair plus whatever else I got going on was a bit more than what I bargained for in a week.  My only saving grace was the fact that I ponied up the funds to upgrade the HVAC for the house a couple years back so that in the dead cold of winter I had functioning heating system, and therefore I did not freeze to death like the previous years.  

Days like these make me feel extraordinarily thankful that I have not been tasked with real responsibilities of humanity like many other women do, such as world peace, fighting the pandemic, social injustice, or raising another generation of humans, or any real responsibilities of some kind.  I just have to be responsible for my small lot and I'm barely keeping it all together!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...