Sunday, December 26, 2021

Possibly the gloomiest Christmas


Well, I wouldn't call it the worst Christmas ever, but for one reason or another, the holidays always throw some curve balls at me.  This year I had to skip out the celebrations that I had planned to attend at a friend's house because I had a bad reaction to the antibiotics prescribed for my dental work, on Christmas Eve I was covered in hives from head to toe, so out goes all the festivities.  I went to my local Urgent Care to get a prescription and got a solid reality check on where we are on the pandemic... the place was packed with people looking for Covid testing and testing kits were out of stock both at the Urgent Care facility as well as the pharmacy that I went to pick up my medication.  It more or less felt like a punch in the gut after two years of quarantine and not living a normal life, only to find out that we are in no better shape than when we started. 

Heavy on medication I did nothing besides a lot of sleep but when I woke up in the evening there was a pile of gifts at the door coming from the neighbors.  To say I have the best neighbors is an understatement.  It did wonders to brighten my mood and made me feel like I still participated in the holiday somehow.


I finally came back to my senses on Sunday, while still needing quite a lot of downtime, I felt very lucky that I had the luxury of being able to rest in peace and quiet, which is such a luxury for a grown up.  I've been suffering from a huge work burnout towards the end of the year and it was very hard to recover from.  It seems that everything sort of caved in once I stopped working because I held out for as long as I could and once I stopped work, I simply had no more energy left for anything else.  

Well, rest up I shall so that come the new year I will have renewed energy to face life's challenges.  It seems that I could use a better attitude towards the new year and a new focus on different aspects of life. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...