Friday, December 31, 2021

New Year and a Fresh Start

 

I finally made my way back to the gym after a hiatus due to my vaccine status.  It seems that what was already sparse attendance at the gym is further watered down now.  

Being able to start off with some light workout and sit in sauna for a good 15- 20 minutes helped me tremendously for stress relief, it took some effort to get over the fear of being in the public again but I figured that exercising is an essential activity and should be treated with precaution as any other essential activity that one must do. 

I also started a new fitness journal in time for the new year.  I use it to write down my workout, nutrition and supplement for the day.  Besides that I put down my fitness goals for each week and each month, as well as health food recipes that I collect along the way and some meal planning.  

Since I recovered from being awfully sick, I seem to turn a page and have been looking forward to getting healthy and making some positive changes in my life.  Much needs to be worked on as the past year I spent almost half the time either being sick or recovering from some ailment, I really want this coming year to be healthier and happier. 


I would like the new year to be a good year for the pups as well.  I've got some positive changes planned for them.  Particularly, I would like to crank up their dental hygiene routine.  I want to get everyone a dental cleaning for the new year and then maintain it with daily brushing.  Oh dear, I would have to figure out how much time it takes to brush teeth for four dogs everyday!


Unfortunately, the last few months I've really lagged on walking my pups, honestly, that was the same for my workout as well.  On a lot of days, I simply didn't feel well and I barely had enough energy to get through the day, much less taking the dogs on a walk.  I'd like to get a regular routine set up so that we can all get our walks in!


As far as nutrition goes, the pups already eat quite well as I cooke a fresh meal for them everyday with one type of protein plus vegetable.  If I'm making one change, that would be adding a spoonful of whole fat yogurt, as well as making bone broth for them a few times a month.  


I'm counting my blessings to have all my four pups with me on this new year, it's the most amazing feeling when my fur babies are doing well.  2021 was good and bad and I'm ready to leave it behind.  









No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...