Friday, January 14, 2022

New Outfit Ideas


Lately I spent quite a bit of time thinking about how I want to live the new year, and one small priority is actually getting back to self care and dressing up a bit.  With me finally coming back to work, I suddenly became motivated to dress appropriately.  I know that business apparel is very much out during the pandemic, but it still serve a purpose to look polished.  Dressing up also makes the day more special and enjoyable, and I simply can't live in sweatpants anymore.  After so long of not dressing up, I couldn't even remember where my "nice" clothes were stored and I had to think a bit to figure out what would be a stylish outfit... something that I used to do naturally everyday before the whole pandemic started, but after months and months of living in yoga pants and sweatshirts, the task is no longer so easy.


Look 1

I went on my phone and played around putting a few outfits together, it was actually quite fun.  I have some old items but a lot of my essential wardrobe pieces beg for an update and refresh.  

With the lack of social function and events, out went the fancy formal dresses and stiletto heels, in with comfort wear.  I don't think business apparel has completely died but it's definitely been tuned down significantly.  I hardly purchased any piece of clothing over the past year, a rather shocking thing for someone like me, so I've pretty much lost touch with what's happening.

What I do really love at the moment are loose fitting jeans, booties with an elongated or pointy toe, puffy sleeves dress or top ( talk about 80s come back!) and large leather tote like the pipe tote by Proenza Schouler.  I'm always looking for work totes that lets me haul around all my work stuff!


Look 2

Living in Southern California, t's super practical to throw on a summer dress and comfortable heels, plus a light trench coat that provide some extra warmth for mornings and evenings.  I like this trench coat from Lattelier, it has a belt and seems very light weight!  I'm also looking forward to Staud's new bucket bag, it's an updated bag from their old ones from a few seasons ago, which I still love so much. 

Look 3
Look 4

These two outfits are pretty similar, I love the puffy sleeves shirt from Scotch and Soda.  They used to make super fun leather jackets and carries both men and women clothing.  Unfortunately I haven't seen any fun jackets for a while.  That's all the outfits I put together for now, it's a fun way to get myself back into the game and I'm looking forward to have a bit more stylish year than the last! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...