Sunday, July 24, 2022

90 Day Glow Up (Part I)

Around my birthday I made the plan of doing a 90 day glow up, I figured it's something fun to do and will help me overcome the fitness struggles I've been having over the past year and continue on my healing journey. How's it going?  Well it's definitely an interesting experience!  As with everything, the beginning is always the hardest! I kept a wall calendar next to my bed, it has an amazing effect of helping me staying focused.  Every night before bedtime I wrote down my fitness or self care activities I had done for the day, and take a few minutes to plan out for the next day depending on what workout class is available.  It's amazing how little gets done without me realizing it, but writing down my activities both encourages me to do more and gives me a quick snapshot of what's actually been done.  


I've been consistently exercising for a couple of weeks now at the gym, I've been going about 3 days a week and had to constantly over come the fear of being in public and crowds.  It seems that I just can't handle more exercise at the moment as I need quite a bit of downtime to recover, but I considered it progress!  Working out is a bit like playing the piano, when you exercise, even though it doesn't seem like a lot has changed, I can definitely feel the subtle improvements and I'm really happy about it.  I read somewhere that exercising doesn't really help you lose weight, but non the less, the increase in physical stamina and mental clarity is so important for me. 


Self care wise, I booked the first facial in over two years, although it's not on top of my list as regular exercise is, I'm definitely looking forward to more pampering time from now on.  

All in all there's no drastic change but I'm doing my best to make healthy lifestyle a habit, I've learned that no matter what, it's important to be thankful for my health everyday!  I'm looking forward to more progress in another couple of weeks!  





No comments:

Post a Comment

New Year Preparation

I always like to do a bit of preparation at the end of each year to welcome the new year, although this year things were very challenging, I...